Brazil’s Supreme Court to investigate Bolsonaro over January 8 attacks

Az24news

Brazil’s Supreme Court to investigate Bolsonaro over January 8 attacks; Brazil’s Supreme Court plans to investigate former President Jair Bolsonaro’s alleged involvement in the Jan. 8 attacks on government buildings in the Brazilian capital.

The court’s decision came at the request of Brazil’s attorney general. Several of whose members issued a statement on Friday calling the events of the day. When Bolsonaro’s supporters stormed and destroyed government buildings to protest the election of his rival. Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, “anti- democratic activity.”

“By publishing a video on January 10 (two days after the attack). Questioning the legitimacy of the 2022 presidential election, Bolsonaro encouraged the public to commit crimes,” the statement said.

Bolsonaro shared a video on Facebook on Tuesday of a woman questioning the victory of Lula da Silva. Who defeated Bolsonaro in the October presidential election. The video was delet a few hours later.

Prosecutors said that although the video was release after the attacks. There are “connections” between the content of Bolsonaro’s video and the violence in Brazil.

Brazil’s Supreme Court to investigate Bolsonaro; over January 8 attacksThe Supreme Court announced on Friday. That it had approved the state prosecutor’s request to investigate Bolsonaro’s alleged involvement.

He also granted prosecutors’ request to ask Meta to preserve the video posted on Facebook and examine its impact.

Brazil’s Supreme Court to investigate Bolsonaro over January 8 attacks; The former far-right president of Brazil has so far not been directly involve in the investigation into the events of January 8, nor has he been involve in it.

Bolsonaro’s lawyer, Frederick Wasser – regardless of the request of the prosecutor – stated on Friday that the former president “rejected all illegal and criminal activities and has always been a defender of the constitution and democracy”.

President Bolsonaro strongly rejects the vandalism and desecration of public property committed by the occupying forces during the demonstrations. He has never had any connection or participation in these spontaneous social movements that people have created,” Flavio Bolsonaro, the former president’s son, said in a statement on Friday.

About Peter James

Admin Peter James, AZ24News.com | Peter James is the admin of AZ24News, a news website that provides coverage of news and events in World. He has been with the company and has helped to grow the website into a respected source of news for the community. Peter is passionate about providing accurate and unbiased News for Everyone. He is also committed to creating a website that is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

View all posts by Peter James →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *